The Co-operative Members' Credit Card
A credit card exclusively for Co-operative Members.
To apply the main card holder must meet the following:
- 18 or over.
- UK resident.
- Earning a minimum Gross Annual Income (GAI) of £10,000.
- An existing customer having held a Co-operative Bank or smile current account for at least 7 months (Cashminder, Student and Pathfinder accounts are not eligible).
- Not had any County Court Judgements (CCJs), entered into any Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs) or Trust Deeds nor been declared bankrupt within the last 6 years.
- Not in arrears or have not missed more than 2 payments on any credit agreement in the last six months.
- Must be employed full time, part time, self-employed or retired.
- Be a Co-operative Member to be eligible for cashback.
- Additional cardholders can be unemployed as long as they’re 18 or over and a UK resident.
Approval is subject to status and based on a credit check and an assessment of your personal circumstances.
You can help to minimise the amount of interest you pay in the following ways:
- Setting up a Direct Debit.
- Making at least the minimum monthly payment.
Paying more than the minimum monthly repayment. This means you’ll be charged less interest and you’ll repay what you owe more quickly.
You will need to pay whichever is the greatest amount out of:
- 2% of the amount you owe, as shown as on your statement or £5
- or 1% plus fees, interest and charges
If the balance shown on your statement is less than £5, your minimum payment will be all of this amount.
If you make only the minimum payment each month, it will take you longer and cost you more to clear your balance.Read more about paying your credit card
There is no annual fee for having this card.
The amount we charge for withdrawing cash -- including foreign currency, Travellers Cheques, gambling transactions and loading pre-paid cards.
3% of value (minimum of £3)
What we charge for sending a copy of a past statement to you.
Late or missed payment
What we charge if we do not receive a payment, or we receive a payment after the due date.
Exceeding credit limit
What we charge if you spend more than the credit limit we've agreed with you.
Uncleared payment cheque / Direct Debit
What we charge if you make an uncleared Direct Debit or cheque. For example, if you do not have sufficient funds in your account to make a payment.
Foreign use charges
Payment Scheme Exchange Rate
This is the exchange rate that Visa uses. Rates can be found at:www.visaeurope.com
Non-sterling transaction fee
The charge for carrying out a transaction in a currency other than Great British Pounds (including purchasing Travellers Cheques, foreign currency and gambling transactions).
2.75% of the transactions
(Non-sterling) cash fee
The charge for withdrawing cash when overseas.
This is charged in addition to the non-sterling transaction fee.
3% of the cash value you withdraw (minimum of £3)
Minimum credit limit
Maximum credit limit
This depends on how much we think you can afford to pay back on your card.
Choosing your credit limit
Please request a limit to cover your needs, including balance transfers and any purchases you intend to make. We will then carry out a credit worthiness check and inform you of your credit limit.
The amount you request will not affect your credit score or our lending decision.
If you don't get accepted for a credit card
After looking at your personal circumstances, we may decline your application. Being refused for a credit card can have a negative effect on your credit rating. If this happens, you should avoid applying for the same card again.
All applications, positive and negative, will show up on your credit file.
Important information, Pre-contract credit information and Terms and ConditionsDownload Important information, Pre-contract credit information and Terms and Conditions PDF (273KB)
The Co-operative Bank reserves the right to decline any application.
Whether we can offer you credit depends on your circumstances and our lending policy. We may decline your application based on your circumstances or our lending policy. We may be able to offer a product that's different to the ones advertised.
Not the card for you?
See our other credit cards