Community Directplus Account
A free business banking account for registered charities, co-operatives and credit unions.
Our Community Directplus account gives registered charities, community interest companies, co-operatives and credit unions an ethical way to bank for free.
With Community Directplus, you can take advantage of:
To apply, you and the key parties need to be:
- Aged 18 or over
- Free from County Court Judgements (CCJs), bankruptcy and IVAs over the last 6 years
- Free from missed payments on any personal credit obligations in the last 6 years
- A UK resident with a business address in the UK
Your organisation must be:
- A registered charity, a co-operative, a credit union or a community interest company and;
- Not exceeding any of the following annual account limits: credit turnover exceeds £1million, deposit more than £100,000 in cash or deposit more than 5,000 cheques.
Ready to apply?
Your application is subject to status and based on an assessment of your financial circumstances.
Please note, our Tariffs are changing with effect from the 19th June 2018. Please click here for further information (17.1KB)
Community Directplus Tariff effective until 18 June 2018Download Community Directplus Tariff effective until 18 June 2018 PDF (508KB)
Community Directplus Tariff with effect from 19 June 2018Download Community Directplus Tariff with effect from 19 June 2018 PDF (495KB)
The Co-operative Bank reserves the right to decline any application.
Whether we can offer you credit depends on your circumstances and our lending policy. We may decline your application based on your circumstances or our lending policy. We may be able to offer a product that's different to the one advertised.
smile, The Co-operative Bank and Britannia are trading names of The Co-operative Bank plc, which is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).