Your Co-operative Bank Visa debit card is the simple, safe and sensible way to pay for your everyday goods and services – at home and abroad, online or on the high street. It’s the only card you need, making your life easier when you need to pay for essentials such as:
- your weekly grocery shop
- petrol, train or plane tickets
- clothes or shopping trips
- meals out or cinema and concert tickets.
How your card works
You can use your debit card anywhere in the world where you see the Visa logo. Your card is linked to your Co-op Bank account, so you are always in control of your spending. When you make a purchase, the money comes from your account normally within three working days.
Keeping your card safe
You should always know where your card is and keep your PIN safe – never keep a written note of your PIN in a way that could be understood by anyone else, and do not disclose your PIN to anyone. Because it’s a chip and PIN card it’s very safe anyway. But should the worst ever happen, and your card or details fall into the wrong hands, The Co-op Bank will refund any fraud provided there has been no negligence on your behalf.
Paying online and over the phone
Your debit card is a safe and convenient way of buying from retailers online or over the phone. There is extra protection when shopping online and here’s how it works:
- select your purchases and go to checkout
- enter your card details as normal
- if the merchant is participating in ‘Verified by Visa’, a new screen will appear
- enter your memorable name (this is the name you use for telephone or online banking with us) and confirm your purchase.