What are overdraft text alerts?
An overdraft text alert is a text message we send to let you know that:
- You may go into an unarranged overdraft that working day
- You have entered into an unarranged overdraft
- You may go into an arranged overdraft
- You have entered into an arranged overdraft
- You don’t have enough funds in your account to make all of your scheduled payments that working day.
The message can give you the opportunity to pay in sufficient funds and bring your account balance back to either a positive balance, or within your arranged overdraft limit. This is to help you reduce or avoid charges and/or paying interest. They will be sent to all personal current account customers who have registered their mobile phone number with us, with the exception of those who have a Cashminder account.