What is CHAPS?
- CHAPS stands for Clearing House Automated Payment System
- CHAPS is a method of making same-day electronic sterling transfers
- CHAPS is generally used for submitting payments above £100,000 (e.g. for a property purchase), or when a payment needs to be made immediately
- Payments can be for any amount and are made to clearing banks in the United Kingdom
- Additional charges may apply. Please refer to your account tariff for details
- You can arrange to send a CHAPS payment via your online banking or email.