How do I stop a cheque?
- Log in to online banking
- Select 'Cheques' from the menu on the left side of the dashboard
- Select 'Stop cheque'
- Select the account you want to stop a cheque on, from the 'Account' drop-down menu
- Enter the six-digit cheque number in the 'Cheque number' box
- Enter the amount the cheque was for in the 'Amount' box
- Enter the payee name in the 'Payee' box
- Select the reason for stopping the cheque from the 'reason' drop-down menu
- Click 'Submit'
- Check the details
- Click 'Confirm' if the details are right
- Make a note of the tracking number.
Please note: To stop a cheque you will no longer be able to request this on the day it's presented to us for a payment decision. You can do this anytime in advance of the payment date.