Someone I know is controlling my money or my spending, what can I do?

If someone you know is controlling your access to money or resources, this is known as financial abuse. If a person in your life is also restricting your ability to work or study, they are preventing you from spending your own money, or they are withholding money they owe you – this is economic abuse.

It is important to know the signs and what support is available to you.

Our network of branches now offers victims of domestic abuse a safe place to seek refuge and get access to support as part of the Safe Spaces campaign by UK Says No More.

Please read more about this service and get vital awareness of financial abuse and economic abuse at our dedicated support page.