Professional and Career Development loan
A Professional and Career Development Loan from The Co‑operative Bank helps to finance your studies and improve your career prospects.
Borrowing a loan amount of
for a course that lasts
your monthly payments would be
for a term of
2 years 0 months
and you would have to repay a total of
Affording the loan
Before taking out a loan you should first consider whether you can afford to repay it. A fixed amount is payable each month, so make sure you can afford the repayments.
Setting the length of the loan
When choosing the length of the term to repay your loan over, it's important to consider that the longer the term, the greater the total interest payable will be.
This loan can be used to help finance a range of courses lasting up to 2 years (or 3 years if the course includes a year of work experience) to enhance your career prospects.
We offer one main loan for other purposes. See our main loan
The rate for a Professional and Career Development Loan is 9.9% APR representative on loans from £300 to £10,000.
A breakdown of charges and fees involved with having a loan.
We don't believe in application fees. That's why we'll never charge you for taking out a loan.
Late payment fees
Interest will continue to accrue on the outstanding balance which remains unpaid from when it is due. This will be charged at the annual interest rate for your loan.
Partial and full early repayment charges
If you wish to, you can repay your loan at any time. If your loan was taken out after 10th June 2010 you can also make partial repayments to your loan (in addition to your regular monthly payments).
If you repay your loan early (in part or in full) and the term was one year or less
we may charge you 28 days additional interest.
However, if your loan term exceeded one year when it was made
we may charge you 58 days additional interest.
How much you'll pay
A fixed amount will be payable each month for the duration of your loan. Repayments will commence one month after your course has ended.
Seeing your repayments
The repayments that have been made are shown in your statement.
Paying off early
If you wish to, you can repay your loan at any time. If your loan was taken out after 10th June 2010 you can also make partial repayments to your loan (in addition to your regular monthly payments). To arrange this, please contact us and we will give you an early settlement figure.
If you repay your loan early in full or in part we may charge you:
- 28 days additional interest if your loan agreement was for a term of a year or less at the time it was made, or
- 58 days additional interest if your loan agreement was for a term of more than a year at the time it was made.
To apply, you need to be:
- Between 18 and 69 years of age.
- A UK citizen.
- Not subject to any County Court Judgments (CCJs), been declared bankrupt or defaulted on any credit agreement in the last 6 years.
- Planning to work in the UK, European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) after the course.
- Unable to finance the course yourself with reasonable or adequate access to funds.
Your course must:
- Start within 8 weeks from the date of your application.
- Only last up to 2 years, or 3 years if it includes 1 year of work experience.
- Be provided by an organisation on the Professional and Career Development Loan Register - check with your course provider.
- Help with your career - however, it doesn’t need to lead to a qualification.
Ready to apply?
To apply, call the Professional and Career Development loan helpline on 0800 100 900
Calls are free from landlines and mobiles. Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes.Please read our terms and conditions before applying
Important information about your loan agreementDownload Important information about your loan agreement PDF (46KB)
We may decline your application based on your circumstances or our lending policy.