- What is Your Registered Address?
- Who regulates you?
- The Money Advice Service
- How do I give you feedback or make a complaint?
- How do you protect my information?
- What Law is applicable to my contract with you?
- Bribery and corruption
- Our disclaimer
- Email security
What is Your Registered Address?
The Co-operative Bank p.l.c., P.O. Box 101, 1 Balloon Street, Manchester, M60 4EP. Registered in England and Wales No. 990937.
Who regulates you?
The Co-operative Bank p.l.c., P.O. Box 101, 1 Balloon Street, Manchester, M60 4EP. Registered in England and Wales No. 990937. The Co-operative Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (No.121885) and holds an Interim Permission in respect of consumer credit activities and subscribes to the Lending Code and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The Lending Code is a voluntary code that sets standards for good lending practice that all of its members have to meet. That way you can be sure we're doing things in your best interests.
For further advice, the following documents are available to download through the Lending Standards Board website:
The Money Advice Service
The Co-operative Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, subscribes to the Lending Code and the Financial Ombudsman Service, and is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading (No. 006110).
The Money Advice Service has impartial information and tools to help you when budgeting, borrowing money, taking out a mortgage or opening a savings account.
For more information please visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk, or call The Money Advice Service helpline on 0300 500 5000^.
How do I give you feedback or make a complaint?
Your opinion is very important to us. Listening to your views helps us grow as a company and stay on track with what you, our customers, want.
Give us feedback.
Or if we get something wrong, you may need to make a complaint. Be assured that we treat all complaints seriously and promise to deal with them fairly and promptly, and in many cases we'll resolve them right away.
Find out more about our complaints policy.
How do you protect my information?
The privacy of Co-operative Bank customers is very important to us, and how we deal with personal information is outlined in our terms and conditions. We hope the way in which we gather and use your personal information addresses and respects any concerns you may have:
We will only use the personal information we gather:
- in the normal course of our business to provide the products and services you have requested
- to identify you when you contact us
- to determine if we can offer you a better service or more relevant products
- to send you e-mail updates of service changes which are important to you or which we feel may be of interest to you
- for credit assessment, to review the conduct of and to administer/operate your accounts
- for statistical analysis, including automated techniques (e.g. behaviour and credit scoring) and to monitor and analyse our business
We will disclose your personal information only to:
- our agents and sub-contractors to administer and operate your account or to conduct our business
- the insurer of any payment or card protection cover which you take out in connection with your account
- our licensed credit reference agency who may keep a record of any search we make and your personal information may be shared with and used by other lenders in assessing applications from you or members of your household
- any person to whom we transfer our rights or obligations under this agreement
- for debt tracing or fraud prevention
- to help desk advisers, minicom / typetalk operators or their equivalent
- if required or compelled to do so by law
What Law is applicable to my contract with you?
In legal disputes, the Law of England will apply. As required by law, please note any terms and conditions of your account will be in English, governed by the laws of England and Wales and we will communicate with you in English.
Bribery and corruption
The Co-operative Bank plc (The Bank) has zero tolerance of bribery and corruption. The Bank is committed to acting with integrity and fairness in all its business dealings and commercial relationships.
The Bank has taken the greatest of care to ensure the accuracy of the contents of this website, but cannot accept responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) for any inaccuracies, omissions, or errors whether in respect of the information provided on the Bank's website or on any to which the Bank's website may be linked. The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. (the "Bank") is a United Kingdom bank and its products are only available in the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) to United Kingdom residents.
The information on this website may only be used by UK residents and expatriates for their own purposes. Permission must be obtained from the Bank for any other use.
For your additional peace of mind, every marketing customer e-mail sent by us, will include the last part of your postcode as it appears on your Co-operative Bank statement.