Switching current accounts
The Current Account Switch Guarantee means you don’t need to worry about missing bill payments or having to redirect Direct Debits.
When you complete the switch, you may be eligible for £150 too.
Our current accounts and £150 switch offer are subject to status and qualifying criteria, and are available to EU residents aged 16+. £150 offer requires a full switch with 4+ active Direct Debits to a qualifying current account.
Excludes existing customers paying in £800+ per month from 03/02/16 to 03/05/16 and any recipients of previous switching incentives. Offer can be withdrawn at anytime. Terms apply.
- Switching to us is covered by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
All you need to do
When you apply, you just need to let us know:
- Your old account details.
- The date you want to start the switch process.
We do the rest:
Payments are transferred automatically
All your Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments will be automatically transferred.
Payments are redirected
Any payments into your old account will be redirected to your new account.
If there are any problems, we guarantee to cover you
If anything does go wrong, we guarantee to sort it out for you and cover any losses you might incur. This is the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
7 days to switch
It normally takes just 7 days to complete the switch over, and during that period you’ll be able to use your new account as normal.
You can keep your old account open, but you won't be covered by the guarantee
You can choose to keep your old account open if you want. However, the Switch Guarantee will then be void.
- If you keep your old account open, we will not cover the costs associated with missed payments.
You can still switch if you're overdrawn, but we won't transfer your overdraft
If you're overdrawn, your old account will be 'frozen' until you pay off your overdraft. This means you won't be able to use the old account.
- Your old bank will then pursue you for the repayment of the overdraft and will close your account once you've repaid it.
Other things you may want to do
- Tell your friends and family that you've changed your account details.
- Update your card or bank details on websites you regularly buy from.
Find the right current account for you
You can still switch your old bank account to us by calling us on:
08000 284 284
If dialling from outside the UK, please call +44 (0)3457 212 212
8am - 9pm, Monday - Friday
9am - 6pm on SaturdayImportant information about our call charges
Alternatively, visit us in branchUse our branch locator to find your nearest branch
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take 7 working days. As your new current account provider we offer the following guarantee:
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
For more information go to www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk