Our Current Account Plus at a glance:
- Minimum £800 a month deposit
- Secure online banking
- UK call centres open 24/7
- Fee-free £200 overdraft facility
- Exclusive mortgage deals - please see our eligibility criteria
- Linked savings account
- Cheque book
- Debit card
- Free cash withdrawals in UK*
- Regular statements
- Standing order and Direct Debit facility
- Joint accounts available
- No monthly subscription charge
For other benefits available to Current Account Plus customers, please contact us on 08448 44 88 44^.
*At all Co-operative Bank and most LINK cash machines (Using some cash machines in the UK and abroad may incur a small charge).
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Savings Plus with tracker interest
The interest on your linked savings account tracks 0.5%† below the Bank of England Base Rate, guaranteed for the entire life of your Current Account Plus, whatever your balance. Put simply, this means that any changes made by the Bank of England are passed on to you and the savings rates are variable.
Interest rates effective from 11th March 2009
Interest rates guaranteed to track 0.5% below the Bank of England Base Rate. Current Bank of England Base Rate 0.5%. Rates & charges correct at March 2009.
If you convert your Current Account Plus to a standard Current account, a lower rate of interest will be paid on the savings account.
† The credit interest rate on your Savings Plus account was designed to track 0.5% below the Bank of England base rate. However, following the reductions which have taken the base rate to its lowest ever level, we have not reduced the rates on this savings account by the full percentages at this time.
- Interest is paid gross and it remains the customer’s responsibility to declare interest earned to their relevant tax authority.
- Interest is payable annually, on 5th April, on Savings Plus and Linked Savings accounts.
- Rates and charges correct at 03/09/2009 and are subject to variation.
- Withdrawals by cheque from your Savings Plus or Linked Savings will be subject to a £5 charge (per cheque).
To meet our regulatory requirements in relation to customer identification and to protect both you and us from fraud, we will verify all applicants electronically or, where this is not possible, by requesting paper proofs.
If you are applying in person at a local Co-operative Bank branch, you will be asked to take some paper proofs with you to confirm both your Identity and Address – any of the following are acceptable. (You need to bring one proof from each list). If you are applying by post, telephone or internet you will be advised if paper proofs are required.
Proof of Identity:
- Current valid passport (with English translation)
- Current full or provisional photocard driving licence (with English translation)
- EU/EEA Member State Identity Photo-Card or National Identity photocard (Not UK)
- Shotgun Licence or Firearms Certificate
- Northern Ireland electoral ID card
- Instruction from the Court appointing an individual: Court of Protection or Grant of Probate
- Confirmation of receipt of State Benefits from a Government Agency (including Government issued Pensions)
- HMRC Tax Notification letter /Assessment letter or Statement of Account
- Birth certificate (under 18s only)
- National Insurance card (under 18s only)
- NHS Medical card / letter (under 18s only)
- HMRC letter confirming issue of NI card (under 18s only)
- Current child benefit letter (under 18s only)
Proof of Address:
- Current UK photocard driving licence (full or provisional)
- Current old style UK driving licence (full)
- Recent notification letter from Benefits agency / other Government agency confirming the right to benefits pension
- HMRC Tax Notification letter / Assessment letter or Statement of Account
- Letter confirming residency from a Nursing Home/Care Home
- Local Authority Tax Bill (issued within 6 months or valid for current year)
- Recent statement or letter from Bank / Building Society / Credit Card / Mortgage / Life Insurance / Investment indicating that a relationship exists
- Recent utility Bill (not a mobile phone bill)
- Recent solicitor's letter confirming recent house/land purchase
- Local Authority / Housing Association / Public Letting Agency tenancy agreement Tenancy Agreement or letter
- TV licence
- Vehicle tax renewal document
- NHS Medical card letter (under 18s only)
- Child benefit letter (under 18s only)
- Student loan letter or statement (confirming home address) (under 18s only)
- Professional reference from a person in a position of responsibility (under 18s only)
- HMRC letter confirming issue of National Insurance card (under 18s only)
One document cannot be used to fulfil both POI and POA requirements. For example, a driving licence appears on both POI and POA lists, however this single proof cannot satisfy both POI and POA requirements.
We’ve got lots of branches so if you like to bank with a friendly face you can. To find your nearest branch use the branch locator or call 08448 44 88 44^
At Post Offices
They make life easier – there are over 16,000 of them all over the UK, use them to pay in cheques or cash or get cash out.
We’ve got a UK-based 24 hour telephone banking service and you can do virtually anything by phone you can in a branch.
Our internet banking service is always open for you to do your banking, It’s completely free, easy to use and extremely secure.
Not forgetting cash machines
You have access to over 64,000 LINK cash machines, most of which are completely free – please note that some cash machines may make a charge for withdrawing.