Are you an IT or Change professional with ambitions greater than your current role? We’re looking for ‘people with purpose’ to join us
25 April 2019
Exciting times lie ahead. We’re looking for people like you, to join us and help deliver our transformation. It’s no understatement you’ll play an integral part in delivering simplified and modernised services for our customers and colleagues. You’ll be joining a company that has strong ethics and values at the heart of everything we do, and is the reason so many customers have remained loyal to us.
It’s no understatement you’ll play an integral part in delivering simplified and modernised services for our customers and colleagues. You’ll be joining a company that has strong ethics and values at the heart of everything we do, and is the reason so many customers have remained loyal to us.
We’re an employer who understands and accommodates family and other commitments beyond work, and proactively encourage applications from individuals who would like to work in a flexible way. We are also keen to see applications from a diverse range of backgrounds (not just Financial Services or IT & Change) and have roles available for all levels of experience.
Come and meet with us to find out more about the opportunities we have and what it’s like to work for The Co-operative Bank
About the event
We’ll be having an ‘open house’ on 8 May 6pm to 8pm in the heart of bustling Manchester at Federation House. There’s no need to register, just come along and find out more about the jobs available and how you can become one of our ‘people with purpose’. Our IT and Change Director Mark Record will be opening the event with a talk at 6.15pm.
Other speakers at the event:
Claire Williams, Engagement, Inclusion Manager and Natalie Housby, Communications Manager - Talking through The Co-operative Bank's heritage and Values and Ethics.
Peter Riley, Reward Manager - All things rewards and benefits.
Ryan Wilks, Change and Operations Business Manager, Annette Sutton, Strategy Consultant and Joe Sprott, Senior Product Owner - What it's really like to work at the bank.
After the speakers it’s a market stall event. Alongside our recruitment and talent development teams, business leads and SME's who will be available to talk about our roles and answer your questions
Why choose The Co-operative Bank for your next career move?
- Our purpose is, and always has been, to pioneer banking that makes a positive difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
- We strive to have a market-leading approach to flexible working and have initiatives like a parent mentoring scheme.
- You’ll be involved in a range of diverse activities, building your experience and skill-set and developing your career in a number of possible directions.
- We’re a smaller bank, which means you’ll be able to build your profile quickly. Your contribution will be recognised and you are more likely to have opportunities for career progression in a short space of time.
- Our Head Office is in the city centre of Manchester and we’re working side by side with the rest of the business, co-location means we can deliver quickly and more efficiently. We also have offices in Skelmersdale, Leek and London if that’s easier for you.
Here’s a flavour of some of the permanent roles we’re recruiting for:
- Delivery Leadership - Leading delivery of value for our customers through prioritisation of requirements and ensuring quality delivery to time and budget.
- Technical Subject Matter Experts - True experts in their field, whether in Software Engineering, DevOps or Infrastructure Design.
- Architects - Designing the infrastructure and solutions which will enable us to deploy new products and services for our customers, swiftly and safely, needs great technical knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Digital Experts - From Scrum Master to Java Developer to Product Managers.
- Cyber Security - Keeping on top of the latest threats is vital to protect our customers and our reputation.
- Business & Systems Analysts - From those who can uncover and articulate business needs to those who understand the system risks and aim to reduce the likelihood of things going wrong.
- Innovation - Working with business teams to invent products and apps for our customers is how we will keep up with (and overtake) our competitors.
- Service Integration & Management - We also work closely with various third party partners, so we need people who are at managing service delivery and supplier management.
- Service Operations - We run a number of services in-house and with any changes or issues we need people who can recover the situation, investigate the cause and fix the underlying problem.
So why not come and join us for some food, drink and a chat with our colleagues. Use the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of what it’s like to work at the Bank and ask the leadership team questions about our plans for the future.