Co-operative Bank Lowers Interest Rates On Select Mortgages Across All Fixed Rate Terms
09 June 2017
- Five year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.25 percentage points
- Three year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.30 percentage points
- Two year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.20 percentage points
From today (9 June, 2017), The Co-operative Bank is reducing some mortgage rates by up to 0.30 percentage points, offering more competitive mortgage options for those looking to remortgage, move house, or buy a home for the first time.
The highlights of the reductions include:
- 0.25 percentage point reduction on 5 year fixed rate mortgages at 85 per cent LTV, with either a £1,499 or £999 product fee;
- 0.30 percentage point reduction on 3 year fixed rate mortgages at 85 per cent Loan to Value (LTV), with a £999 product fee;
- 0.20 percentage point reduction on 2 year fixed rate mortgages at 80 per cent LTV with a £999 product fee;
Highlights of the Co-op Bank mortgage range includes:
- 2.14 per cent five year fixed rate mortgage at 85 per cent LTV with a £1,499 product fee
- 1.14 per cent two year fixed rate mortgage at 60 per cent LTV with a £1499 product fee
For every new mortgage completed, The Co-operative Bank will also help tackle homelessness in the UK after linking up with youth homelessness charity Centrepoint. The Bank will donate £25 to Centrepoint which will be used to help fund The Centrepoint Helpline, providing help and support to young people throughout the UK, as well as donating to the charities new support hub in Central Manchester.
Paul Norcott, Head of Mortgages and Insurance at The Co-operative Bank, said: “We are continuing to offer a range of great mortgage offers for those looking to move house or buy a home for the first time, and also to give many remortgaging homeowners the opportunity to bring down the cost of their monthly repayments.
“For so many people, every penny counts at the moment and being able to fix your mortgage payments for the next two to five years at competitive rates is an ideal way of ensuring you can budget accordingly when the cost of other outgoings is rising.”
All Co-operative Bank mortgages include; Free Standard Valuation and Conveyancing for standard remortgages as well as £250 Cashback for Co-operative Bank Current Account customers (terms apply)
For more information on Co-operative Bank mortgages visit http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/mortgages or call 08000 288 288.
-- ENDS --
Notes to editors:
To view all mortgage rates available from the Co-op Bank visit:
About The Co-operative Bank
The Co-operative Bank plc provides a full range of banking products and services to around 4 million retail and SME (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises) customers. The Bank is committed to values and ethics in line with the principles of the co-operative movement.
The Co-operative Bank is the only high street bank with a customer-led ethical policy which gives customers a say in how their money is used. Launched in 1992, the Policy has been updated on five occasions, with new commitments added in January 2015 to cover how the Bank operates its business, products and services, workplace and culture, relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders and campaigning.