Co-op Bank Lowers Rates On Mortgages
30 September 2016
- Five year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.40 per cent
- Three year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.25 per cent
- Two year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.15 per cent
From today (30 September, 2016), The Co-operative Bank will be reducing some mortgage rates by up to 0.40 per cent, offering more competitive mortgage options for those looking to remortgage, or buy a home for the first time.
The biggest reductions include:
- 0.15 per cent reduction on 2 year fixed rate mortgages at 75 per cent and 90 per cent Loan to Value (LTV), with no product fee;
- 0.25 per cent reduction on 3 year fixed rate mortgages, 90 per cent LTV, £0 and £999 product fees;
- 0.40 per cent reduction on 5 year fixed rate mortgages, 90 per cent LTV, with no product fee.
Highlights of the Co-op Bank mortgage range includes:
- A two year fixed rate mortgage, 90 per cent LTV, £1,499 fee product at 1.94 per cent;
- A five year fixed rate mortgage, 80 per cent LTV, £1,499 fee product at 2.34 per cent;
- A five year fixed rate mortgage, 70 per cent LTV, £0 fee, at 2.39 per cent.
Stuart Beattie, Head of Mortgages, said: “We want to continue to offer great mortgage options for those looking to buy a home for the first time, and also give remortgaging homeowners the opportunity to secure a great deal, at a lower rate, bringing down the cost of their monthly repayments.
“Every penny counts as we move towards an expensive time of the year for most households, and reducing the amount being paid out on a mortgage each month can be extremely fruitful, with home loan repayments often people’s biggest outgoing.”
-- ENDS --
Notes to editors:
To view all mortgage rates available from the Co-op Bank visit:
About The Co-operative Bank
The Co-operative Bank plc provides a full range of banking products and services to around 4.4 million retail and SME (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises) customers. The Bank is committed to values and ethics in line with the principles of the co-operative movement.
The Co-operative Bank is the only high street bank with a customer-led ethical policy which gives customers a say in how their money is used. Launched in 1992, the Policy has been updated on five occasions, with new commitments added in January 2015 to cover how the Bank operates its business, products and services, workplace and culture, relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders and campaigning.