Mobile banking features
You’ll need to register for telephone banking to use our mobile app. Once you’ve registered you can take advantage of all these features:
Getting Started with mobile banking
You can use the mobile app if you have a current account or savings account with us. To get started, you will need to know your security details used when you registered for telephone banking. If you haven’t registered, give our customer service team a call on +44(0)3457 212 212 (Call Charges).
It’s easy to get started with mobile banking.
- Download the app and accept the terms and conditions
- Enter your mobile phone number to receive a one-time activation code by text message
- Enter the activation code in the app
- Create a mobile banking passcode, between 5-8 digits
- Enter your account details and confirm security details: We’ll ask for digits from your telephone banking passcode and confirm pieces of secure personal information you set up when registering for telephone banking
- You’ll now have access to your accounts via the mobile app
Once you’ve completed these steps, you can now log in to the app quickly and easily using only your mobile banking passcode.
Alternatively, you can text APP to 82667 and we'll send you a link so you can download the app straight to your phone.
Download our mobile banking app
Help using our mobile banking app
If you’re new to using our mobile banking app or have questions about how to get the most out of mobile banking, we are here to help.
Pay on the go with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, available on compatible devices. Your banking information is kept secure as it isn’t stored on your device, and it isn't shared when you pay. Paying in shops, apps, and online has never been simpler, safer or more private.
How we keep mobile banking secure
We’re committed to making your mobile banking experience as safe and secure as possible.
- We use advanced encryption technology to stop unauthorised users from reading secure information
- We have a range of fraud detection systems and regularly monitor your accounts for suspicious activity
- Your card reader provides you with an additional layer of protection when you bank online that helps us to protect your accounts
- Our no risk policy helps you recover money taken in fraudulent activity in the unlikely event you fall victim to fraud
Easy, secure and convenient online banking with The Co-operative Bank.
Using your mobile banking app
We will not charge you for using the mobile banking app on your smartphone. Your mobile phone network provider may charge you for use of data services depending on your tariff and inclusive data allowance.
Please check your tariff and any data limits with your provider. If you access mobile banking using Wifi, Wifi charges may be applied. Please check with your Wifi provider.
We will not charge you for text alerts. Most mobile networks will not charge you to receive messages from us. If you are unsure, please check with your network provider.
If you are travelling abroad, you may be charged by your network provider for receiving text alerts. Please check with your network provider. You can cancel the service before travelling by texting STOP to 87212 or by changing the text alert settings in the app.