Changes to telephony services
How can I my manage my Co-operative Bank account with the reduced telephone service?
If you have questions about your account, or need to speak to someone, you can call us between 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week.
If you’d prefer to do things online, you can also:
- Send us a secure message through online banking
- Speak to us on Web Chat
- Browse our FAQs
- Read our application help hub if you’re applying for a new product
We do understand, however, that sometimes it’s important to speak with us over the phone. Especially if it’s urgent.
You can still contact us 24/7 if:
- Your card is lost or stolen on +44 (0)345 600 6000 (Call Charges).
- You suspect fraud on your account on +44 (0)3457 212 212. (Call Charges).
- You don’t recognise a payment, or you think there’s been a payment error on your account, on +44(0)3457 212 212. (Call Charges).
- You want to check your balance or make a payment between your Co-operative Bank and smile accounts, using our automated telephone service, on +44 (0)3457 212 212. (Call Charges).
Why are you changing the Co-operative Bank’s telephone service?
Changes to our telephone banking service will take effect from 20 February 2017. We have made this decision as part of our wider effort to improve our digital services and streamline others, like telephone banking.
Will you be making more changes to Co-operative Bank’s service in the future?
We’re always making an effort to improve our digital services.
At the moment, we don’t have any plans to make more changes regarding our telephone banking service.
If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our service, you can leave feedback with us online.
What happens if my card is lost or stolen, now you’ve reduced the Co-operative Bank’s telephone banking service?
Please contact us as soon as possible on +44(0)345 600 6000 (Call Charges). Lines are open 24/7.
What happens if I suspect fraud on my account, now you’ve reduced Co-operative Bank’s telephone banking service?
Please contact us as soon as possible on +44 (0)3457 212 212(Call Charges). Lines are open 24/7.
How do I make a complaint?
Your feedback is important to us. And if you’re unhappy with our service, or there’s something we can do to improve it, you have the following options:
Write a letter to us at:
The Co-operative Bank Plc.
Can I still check my balance over the telephone, 24/7?
Yes, you can.
Our automated telephone service is available, anytime, by calling 03457 212 212 (Call Charges).
But if you’d like an alternative to calling, it’s a good idea to register for mobile banking.
How can I close my account?
We hope you don’t have to. But if you need to close your account, please call us on 03457 212 212 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. (Call Charges).