Log in to Personal Banking Skip to content
  1. Home
  2. Help & info
  3. Contact us

Help & info

Just type in your query, or have a look at the list of popular questions below.

Contact us

  • Call Charges

    Call charges for Co-operative Bank and smile telephone numbers.
    Learn more

  • What identification documents can I provide to open my account?

    We'll do our best to check your identity using credit reference agencies, but we might ask you to send some documents before we can open your account.
    Learn more

  • Are you able to provide me with statements, important information or letters in any language?

    All of our communications with you will be in English.
    Learn more

  • How do I change my name on my account?

    To change your name, you'll need to send us some documents and examples of your old and new signatures.
    Learn more

  • What information will I need before I begin my PPI complaint online?

    You’ll need your current address and your address at the time of the PPI policy, a phone number, your employment status, details of any health conditions at the time of the PPI policy and as much information as possible about your PPI policy including dates.
    Learn more

  • What is Payment Protection Insurance (PPI)?

    PPI is an insurance policy designed to protect your credit card, loan, overdraft or mortgage repayments, if you were unable to pay for specific reasons.
    Learn more

  • Can I save the online PPI complaint form so that I can return to it at a later point?

    No, you’ll need to complete the form in one go.
    Learn more

  • Can I contact you by email?

    We don't currently offer email as a form of communication but you can contact us using Live Chat, by sending a secure message or over the phone.
    Learn more

  • How do I make a claim under Section 75 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974?

    If you buy something with your credit card, the credit card issuer and seller may both be liable if a contract between you and the seller is broken. If you can demonstrate that the seller has misled you, or not been legally compliant, we may be able to help you claim.
    Learn more

  • How do I contact you?

    You can contact us using Web Chat, by sending a secure message or over the phone. You can also visit one of our branches.
    Learn more

  • How do I contact you from abroad?

    You can contact us from abroad using Live Chat, by sending a secure message or over the phone.
    Learn more

  • How can I trace information on a lost or dormant account?

    You can download a British Bankers' Association form to reclaim the funds or search for it using the My Lost Account website.
    Learn more

  • Can I request Payment Transaction History on a closed account?

    This will depend on when your account was closed. Please note there may be a charge for this service.
    Learn more

  • How do I get a subject access request?

    You can do this via live chat, secure message or over the phone if your account is open, or by writing to us if your account is closed.
    Learn more

  • How do I report my tax residence status?

    You’ll need to complete a form and post it back to us within 14 days of receiving your letter.
    Learn more

  • Changes to telephony services

    You can still manage your account(s) over the phone between the hours of 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week.
    Learn more

  • EU Referendum - What does the result mean for customers?

    The referendum result will not impact directly on the way we operate or on the service we offer our customers.
    Learn more

  • How do I make a complaint about The Co-operative Bank?

    Our Complaints page details the different ways you can make a complaint about The Co-operative Bank.
    Learn more

  • I have previously submitted a complaint about my PPI policy. Can I resubmit it for you to investigate under the new Plevin rules?

    In certain circumstances, you can.
    Learn more

  • Does the Co-operative Bank provide offshore banking?

    As of Friday 11 April 2014 any remaining Guernsey accounts will be closed and the account balances transferred into The Co-operative Bank (Guernsey) Trust.
    Learn more

  • Load More