What does Family Legal Protection cover?
For an additional premium you can add Family Legal Protection cover to your policy, where you’ll be covered for the costs of pursuing certain legal proceedings such as:
- Death of or personal injury to you or your immediate family who permanently reside at the address to be insured.
- Buying or hiring goods or services for your own personal use.
- Any infringement of your legal rights from owning or occupying your home.
- A breach of your employment contract.
You’ll also be covered for the costs of defending legal proceedings such as:
- A motoring prosecution brought against you.
- The sale of privately owned goods by you.
- Legal & General will also pay your costs in connection with a formal enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs into your private tax affairs.
- For details of what’s not covered, please refer to the policy booklet.