How do I transfer a credit card balance?
You can transfer a credit card balance in 2 ways:
- Log in to your online banking account
- Select the card to which you want to transfer a balance
- Under Account Actions, select Balance Transfer
- Enter card details as prompted on-screen
- Enter the amount you want to transfer as prompted on screen. (Remember to account for the balance transfer fee when doing this and please note, you can’t transfer more than 95% of your agreed credit limit)
- Click Next. This takes you to a confirmation screen.
- Check that all the details are correct, then click Confirm to do the transfer. It may take until the next working day to complete this action.
- Before calling, make sure you have both sets of card details to hand
- Call us on +44(0)345 600 6000 (Call Charges) and we’ll do the balance transfer for you. Lines are open 8am to 8pm.
- We’ll send you a letter confirming that we’ve completed the transfer