Pre-paid funeral plans
Plan ahead for peace of mind.
Pre-paid funeral plans
Provided by Co-op Funeralcare
Here for you when you need them most
Going ahead with a pre-paid funeral plan has many benefits, and is a straightforward way to arrange your funeral.
Co-op Funeralcare has over 80 years’ experience, with compassionate and dedicated professionals on hand to provide a completely personalised service for you. They’re also the only UK funeral plan provider to offer fully guaranteed plans for both burial and cremation.
Why a Co-op Funeralcare pre-paid funeral plan makes sense
Their pre-paid funeral plans give you:
Peace of mind
- Beat rising funeral costs, and save money by paying today’s prices.
- Protect your loved ones and guarantee that they’ll have nothing extra to pay for the services you choose.
- Ensure your friends and family know your wishes, so there’s less stress and uncertainty for them.
The chance to plan it your way
- Arrange and pay for a funeral in advance with pre-paid plan.
- Create your own personal tribute
- If you choose to pay instalments over 2-5 years, your plan will include the Co-op Commitment. If you die after the first 12 months of your plan, but before all your instalments have been paid, Co-op Funeralcare will still deliver all the services provided in your plan, with no more for your family to pay. You'll be entitled to the Co-op Commitment if you die within the first 12 months as the result of an accident.
- Instalments must be paid up to date and your funeral must be arranged and carried out by one of Co-op Funeralcare's Funeral Directors.
What you get in a pre-paid funeral plan
- A dedicated Funeral Director to make the funeral arrangements.
- Care for your loved one, including the use of a private chapel of rest.
- A fully-lined, fitted coffin.
- A hearse, and all the personnel for the funeral.
- 24-hour transfer of the deceased to a suitable UK resting place anywhere within a 50-mile radius.
- A funeral procession from the home, or funeral home, to the place of burial or cremation.
- Professional bereavement assistance, and advice on all matters relating to the funeral.
- Fees payable for cremation documents.
- Cremation fees at a local crematorium.
- Minister or Officiant’s fee to perform the service at the crematorium.
- Burial/interment fees, Minister or Officiant's fees (if conducting a service by the graveside, local cemetery chapel or church).
- Gravedigger's fees where applicable.
- As prices and availability vary across the UK, none of these funeral plans include the cost of buying a grave.
- Please note that embalming is not included with Co-op set funeral plans. Should this service be required, then this can be requested at the point of plan redemption.
Plans to suit every budget
A choice of 4 set Plans:
Simple Funeral Plan
Bronze Funeral Plan
Silver Funeral Plan
Gold Funeral Plan
Easy payment options
- Co-op Funeralcare are committed to making planning ahead easier and more affordable. They have a range of affordable payment options including paying in a lump sum or spreading the costs over 2-5 years.
- You can enter discount code ‘PLAN150’ to get £150 off a funeral plan, which includes an online discount if your application is successful. Please enter the code where requested when purchasing online.
- You will not receive Co-op Membership Rewards when purchasing a pre-paid funeral plan using discount code PLAN150.
- Only one PLAN150 £150 discount can be applied during the purchase of a funeral plan.
- See full Discount Terms & Conditions here
- See frequently asked questions for more information here
The Co-operative Bank acts as an introducer to Co-op Funeralcare, by choosing to “Purchase online” you will be redirected to Co-op Funeralcare, an external group to The Co-operative Bank.
Co-op Funeralcare will provide The Co-operative Bank with information about the type of plan you have purchased. We will use this information to reconcile our accounts and to ensure any future marketing communications we may send you (subject to your consent) are relevant.
Pre-paid funeral plans are provided by Funeral Services Limited (30808) a registered society under the Co-op and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, whose registered office is 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. Co-op Funeralcare is a trading name of Funeral Services Limited.