Improved cashpoint accessibility with new Talking ATMs
We are pleased to announce the introduction of Talking ATMs to enable blind and partially sighted customers to use our cash machines independently.
Our Talking ATMs will allow customers to operate transactions through a headset which is plugged into an audio jack point on the ATM.
The ATM will deliver private, spoken instructions and will prompt the user at each stage of their transaction.
The available transactions are withdrawals, balance enquires and PIN services.
The addition of new high-contrast screens will further help those customers who are partially sighted.
How our Talking ATMs work
- Start by inserting the headset into the audio jack next to the card entry point. Instructions on how to use our ATMs will play automatically.
- To begin your transaction at any time, press the ‘5’ key before entering your card, which is located using the raised dot on the keypad. The high-contrast screen will be activated.
- The numbered keypads are identical to a standard touch-tone telephone keypad.
- The far right side of the keypad contains a column of important keys that, from top to bottom, are:
- Cancel – with the universal tactile shape ‘X’
- Clear – with the universal tactile shape‘I’
- Enter – with the universal tactile shape ‘O’
This service is not just for Co-operative banking customers.
Talking ATMs can be accessed by any customers who hold a Link or Visa card.
Go to www.co-operativebank.co.uk/talkingatms to find your nearest Talking ATM.
Other services available for our customers
- Modified print versions of key banking documents
- Braille versions of key banking documents
- Audio transcripts of letter / banking documents
- Alternative format card readers for online banking
- Facsimile signature stamps
- 24/7 call centres
Talk to us
For more information about Talking ATMs and other accessible banking services, customers can call our Telephone Banking team on 03457 212 212
The Co-operative Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority subscribes to the Lending Code and The Competition and Markets Authority, and is licensed by The Competition and Markets Authority (No. 006110)