How will I know if a text message asking me to confirm a transaction is from The Co-op Bank?
If we have a valid mobile number for you and need to check suspicious activity on your account we may send you an automated text message. Your quick response will let us know if you have made the transaction or not.
The message will:
- Include transaction details
- Ask you to respond by text ‘yes’ or ‘no’, to confirm if you made the transaction
- Show as being sent from 07480 357003 or 07480 357005
Our text messaging service will not ask you for any personal or security details. If you receive a text message that asks for this - do not respond.
Please do not attempt to call back the phone number from which you received the text message.
If you’re in any doubt if the text message is legitimate or you think that you may have revealed your security details, please contact us immediately.
For further information on text message costs, please contact your network provider.
How will I know if an automated call is from The Co-op Bank?
If you receive an automated call, we will clearly state who it's for and carry out the following steps:
- Verify your identity
- Provide you with some information about your recent payment
- Ask you to confirm, using your telephone keypad, if you made the payment
- End the call, providing you've authorised the payments. Otherwise we’ll connect you to one of our advisors
If we can’t get in touch with you, we may leave a message, send you an SMS or email asking you to contact one of our dedicated automated service numbers, 0345 401 9126^ or 0345 355 2429^.
How can I tell if an automated call or a text message is NOT from The Co-op Bank?
Our Automated text, call or email messaging service will never ask you to do any of the following:
- Tell us your account numbers or card details
- Confirm your telephone/online banking log in details or secure personal information
- Confirm or enter your card PIN or card reader codes
- Call a telephone number that is not one of the dedicated Caller line Identification (CLI) numbers, 0345 401 9126^ or 0345 355 2429^ or our 24/7 Customer Service line
- Click on a link within text message or email which asks you to log in to your online banking account and/or provide your security details
If you’re in any doubt if a call, email, text or social media message is legitimate, or you think that you may have revealed your security details, please contact us immediately.