Simple. Straightforward. Exactly how banking should be.
Based on the representative example above, if you didn't pay it back for
you would owe a total of
To apply, you need to be:
- Aged over 17 years and 6 months (however, if successful, you will only be given an overdraft when you are 18).
- An EU resident.
- In full-time education as an under or postgraduate student, including mature and existing students.
Approval is based on a credit check, an assessment of your personal circumstances and is subject to status.
- You are only permitted to have one Student Account and one overdraft with us at any time and you must close any student accounts you have with any other providers
Ready to applyPlease read our terms and conditions before applying
Ready to apply?Please read our terms and conditions before applying
Download the application pack, complete it and post it back to us
Cashminder application packDownload Cashminder application pack PDF (168KB)
To request an application pack call us on:+44(0)3457 212 212
6am - 10pm, 7 days a weekImportant information about our call charges
Alternatively, visit us in branchUse our branch locator to find your nearest branch
For existing customers
Worldwide travel insurance - from AXA Travel Insurance
Provides cover for the family, including dependent children up to 22 years old, with no excesses payable on claims.
- Exclusions and limitations apply. Please see pages 5-11 of the Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy Summary and Policy Document
- For joint account holders who are not spouses or partners, cover is not provided for the spouse or partner of either account holder.
UK & European breakdown cover - from RAC
Covers assistance at the roadside, at home and in Europe. The account holder is covered for any vehicle they are travelling in.
- Exclusions and limitations apply. Please see pages 4-9 of the UK & European Breakdown Cover Policy Summary and Policy Document.
Mobile phone insurance - from Lifestyle Services Group
Covers loss, theft, accidental damage, water damage and electrical or mechanical breakdown, anywhere in the world. No excesses are payable on claims.
- Exclusions and limitations apply. Please see pages 3-5 of the Mobile Phone Insurance Policy Summary and Policy Document.
And this account has a 5 star rating from Moneyfacts
Source: Moneyfacts - 2017
Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy Summary and Policy DocumentDownload Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy Summary and Policy Document PDF (784KB)
UK & European Breakdown Cover Policy Summary and Policy DocumentDownload UK & European Breakdown Cover Policy Summary and Policy Document PDF (1.16MB)
Not sure which account is for you?
Switching made quick and easy
When you switch your current account to The Co-operative Bank, we do all the hard work.Learn more about switching
Help for existing customers
Help and information about current accounts for our existing customers. Learn more
Privilege and Privilege Premier current account information. Learn more
The Co-operative Bank reserves the right to decline any application.
Whether we can offer you credit depends on your circumstances and our lending policy. We may decline your application based on your circumstances or our lending policy. We may be able to offer a product that's different to the one advertised.
smile, The Co-operative Bank and Britannia are trading names of The Co-operative Bank plc, which is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).