Joint current accounts
Bank accounts that help you to manage your finances together
Opt in to Everyday Rewards to make the most of your account.Learn more about Everyday Rewards
£125 for switching, plus £25 on your behalf to Centrepoint – all with no monthly fee.
New customers must complete a full switch to The Co-operative Bank using the Current Account Switch Service and switch at least 4 active Direct Debits. Offer excludes recipients of previous switching incentives and existing customers paying £800+ per month from 01/05/17 - 01/08/17. Offer can be withdrawn at any time. Offer open to EU residents aged 16+, subject to status and eligibility.See full terms and conditions
- 5-star performance.
Moneyfacts, an independent financial comparison site, gave this current account a 5-star rating.
Centrepoint helps 9,200 homeless young people a year get back into education, training and employment, breaking the cycle of youth homelessness.
The £25 donation on your behalf will contribute towards offering young people the help they need, provide a safe roof over their heads, and ensure they have someone to talk to when it's needed most.
- No monthly fee account, meaning you don't get charged for opening this account.
- No overcharge facility, cheque book or monthly account fee.
- You cannot open a Cashminder if you already hold a Co-operative Bank or smile current account, unless you are in financial difficulty.
For existing customers
Worldwide travel insurance - from AXA Travel Insurance
Provides cover for the family, including dependent children up to 22 years old, with no excesses payable on claims.
- Exclusions and limitations apply. Please see pages 5-11 of the Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy Summary and Policy Document.
- For joint account holders who are not spouses or partners, cover is not provided for the spouse or partner of either account holder.
UK & European breakdown cover - from RAC
Covers assistance at the roadside, at home and in Europe. Account holders are covered for any vehicle they are travelling in.
- Exclusions and limitations apply. Please see pages 4-9 of the UK & European Breakdown Cover Policy Summary and Policy Document.
Mobile phone insurance - from Lifestyle Services Group
Covers loss, theft, accidental damage, water damage and electrical or mechanical breakdown, anywhere in the world. No excesses are payable on claims.
- Exclusions and limitations apply. Please see pages 3-5 of the Mobile Phone Insurance Policy Summary and Policy Document.
And this account has a 5 star rating from Moneyfacts
Source: Moneyfacts - 2017
Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy Summary and Policy DocumentDownload Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy Summary and Policy Document PDF (784KB)
UK & European Breakdown Cover Policy Summary and Policy DocumentDownload UK & European Breakdown Cover Policy Summary and Policy Document PDF (1.16MB)
Not sure which account is for you?
Apply for a joint bank account
Having a joint bank account can be an ideal way for two people to manage their expenses.
You can still keep your own separate current accounts. But you’ll also have a shared account for other expenses, like covering rent/mortgage payments and utility bills.
- Get two debit cards for easy access.
- Manage your account using online banking.
Request an overdraft.
- Overdraft not available on Cashminder.
- Approval for the overdraft is based on a credit check and an assessment of your personal circumstances.
- Just remember you are both responsible for any debts on the joint account – such as an overdraft.
Switching made quick and easy
When you switch your current account from your current bank or building society, we do all the hard work for you.
- Direct Debits and standing orders are transferred automatically.
- Payments into and out of your old account are redirected.
- If there are any problems, we'll guarantee to cover you.
Help for existing customers
Help and information about current accounts for our existing customers.
The Co-operative Bank reserves the right to decline any application.
Whether we can offer you credit depends on your circumstances and our lending policy. We may decline your application based on your circumstances or our lending policy. We may be able to offer a product that's different to the one advertised.
smile, The Co-operative Bank and Britannia are trading names of The Co-operative Bank plc, which is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).