We were the first UK bank to offer a free online banking service to all our customers. The service is one of the easiest to use. It is a simple and secure way of doing your banking from a computer. Choose from the list below to see how easy and convenient it really is.
Check your set up
We recommend using a screen resolution of 1024 X 768. Session cookies must also be enabled in your browser.
- Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
- Mac OS X
- Adobe Reader 6.0
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and 3.0
- Apple Computers Safari 2.0 or later
Please note to access a charity account online you must use a windows computer running Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Registering to use the service
Please ensure that you read and understand your Business Account terms and conditions regarding the Business Online Banking Service (section 17) before completing the Business Online Banking application form.
Business Online Banking application form - PDF
Terms & conditions - PDF
How we use your personal information - PDF
Logging onto the service
To access your accounts, go to 'Banking login' at the top right hand side of the screen and select 'Business login' from the drop-down menu.
What you can do online
Using our online banking service, you can:
- Check your account balance
- View your last six months statements on screen and print them off
- Make funds transfers between connected Co-operative Bank accounts
- Future date a funds transfer between Co-operative Bank accounts
- Arrange bill payments / fund transfers to other UK bank accounts*
- Arrange bill payments / fund transfers to be made in the future*
- Check the progress of items on your account
- Cancel standing orders or Direct Debits
- Enquire if a cheque has been presented, stop cheques* and remove stops
- Change your registered e-mail address
You can also order the following:
- Copies of cheques/credits/debits*
- Copies of statements*
- An up to date statement
- Paying in books
- Cheque books
- Change of signature forms
- Pre-addressed envelopes
- Encashment form
* standard charges apply for these services, please refer to Bank charges
Our Customer Service Advisers can conduct all your transactions for you over the phone. Each time you or one of your nominated staff calls, 2 digits from your 4 digit Pass Number will be requested for security purposes. Please ensure that your Pass Number is kept secret from anyone other than your nominated staff or the Bank. If you suspect that anyone else knows the number please contact us immediately.
Lines are open Monday - Friday 8.00am-8.00pm
Saturday 9.00am - 12 noon.
You can access our voice automated service at all other times.
Here's what you can do through telephone banking:
- order a statement
- obtain balance information
- order a cheque book or paying-in book
- transfer funds between connected Co-operative Bank accounts
- order a replacement business banking cash card, debit card or PIN
- amend or cancel a Direct Debit
- stop cheques †
- order more deposit envelopes
- request a bill payment mandate to make arrangements to pay regular bills
- make general account enquiries
- obtain Foreign Payment Services information
† charges apply, please refer to your account's tariff.
The Voice Response Service allows you to:
- obtain a balance
- request a statement
- search for a specific cheque by number
- search for the last three credit items on your account
- search for the last six debit items on your account.
Transactions by post
Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address:
The Co-operative Bank p.l.c.
P.O. Box 250
You can make arrangements to use the network of Post Office branches to pay in cash and cheques over the counter. There are over 11,500 Post Office branches across the country so there should be a local one near you.
To apply for this service you will need to call your Customer Service Centre to register with the address of your preferred Post Office branch. Please allow four to six weeks for the arrangements to be made and new stationary to be issued. There may be a nominal charge for this service, please refer to your tariff.
How long does it take to clear?
- Cash deposits will be cleared into your account within 3 working days
- Cheques paid in at branch available in 5 working days
- Cash deposits will be cleared in your account within three working days. For cheque deposits add one extra day to cheque clearing
- Cheques paid in at Post Office branches available in 4 working days
Working days do not include Saturdays, Sundays or English Bank Holidays.