• Acting with honesty and transparency
We ensure we’re honest and transparent in
how we do business and engage externally.
• Being a responsible bank that treats customers fairly
We seek to run The Co-operative Bank
responsibly and through our actions, ensure
good outcomes for our customers.
• Promoting human rights and equality
We support the principles of the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• Promoting economic and social development in Britain
We seek to promote economic and
social development in Britain, including
through supporting charities and social
enterprises, and through our support
for co-operatives and the co-operative
• Protecting the environment
We support small businesses and
organisations whose activities promote
a healthy environment and we seek to
minimise our impact on the environment.
• Supporting international development
We seek to promote development and
support the reduction of poverty in
• Protecting animal welfare
We will not provide banking services
to organisations which are involved in
animal testing of cosmetics or household
products or whose activities significantly
degrade endangered animals’ habitats.
The seven goals at
the heart of our Ethical Policy are: