We are committed to creating an ethical workplace by:
• Advancing co-operative values by ensuring
we pay and treat people who work for us, in
equivalent roles, equally.
• Ensuring that all our employees are paid fairly, by
seeking Living Wage Accreditation and paying
our employees at least the Living Wage.
• Recognising the right of our employees to join a
trade union if they wish.
• Ensuring pay and rewards for senior executives
at The Co-operative Bank are market based,
fair and responsible and clearly linked to
individual and company performance including
the creation of a sustainable value for all
The Co-operative Bank is also committed to ensuring
that values and ethics are embedded in our workplace
culture. We commit to doing this by:
• Ensuring that the workplace values which govern
our employees’ behaviour are aligned with our
Ethical Policy and co-operative values.
• Including in our mandatory code of conduct
a commitment to understand and uphold the
co-operative values and ethics expressed in the
Ethical Policy and workplace culture.
• Ensuring that all employees will receive training
on values and ethics, both during their initial
induction, and during an annual refresher session.